Bromo Ijen tour is a package that will bring you the joy of experiencing the nature scene of two greatest and famous active volcano in East Java.
Beauty sunrise of Bromo and the phenomenon of Ijen Blue Fire are the most wanted duo among travelers who come to East Java, Indonesia. Mount Bromo offer a great volcano scenery for you to experience the enjoyable moment of sunrise and a very close sight into the crater of an active volcano. While Mount Ijen with its acidic crater lake on top is somehow like a piece of magical nature on earth. The phenomenon of blue flame is ignited sulfuric gas, which emerges from cracks at high temperatures. Some of the gas condenses to liquid and is still ignited. It is the largest blue fire area in the world. Bromo Ijen tour is a must go when you visit East Java.
Why you’ll love this Bromo Ijen Tour
- Conquer two mountains! Climbing Mt Bromo and Mt Ijen in the early hours of the morning. If the conditions are right, you’ll be rewarded with a dazzling panoramic views.
- Experience the magnificent view of Sunrise over Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, seen from Mount Penanjakan viewpoint.
- Experience how it fells to stand and walk on the crater rim of an active Bromo volcano. You will see the active crater in quite close distance.
- Very early morning hike to Ijen Crater to make it in time for Blue Fire phenomenon in the surreal landscape of Ijen Crater.
- Get view from the top to witness Ijen Crater landscape panorama, from a rocky sulfur wall, the most acidic crater lake on earth and hardworking locals that do sulfur mining in this area.
Is this trip right for you?
- This trip includes walk and hiking, while no specific training is required, a moderate level of fitness will help you to get the most out of the activities on this trip. Especially in Ijen, hiking start around 01.30 am to catch the blue fire.
- To make the journey more comfortable as we are taking road transport that cover quite large distance, we will us a private car. Travel times can be long, and traffic can be heavy and slow, especially over holiday periods.
- To climb Ijen start very early around 01.30 am. This means you’ll be walking over some gravel and volcanic rock in the dark. Head torches, a rain jacket, some warm clothing and good walking shoes are a must. The view at Ijen is well worth the effort, especially if the weather’s fine!
- This trip is steeped in outdoor activities. But in 3 days tour, there’s also reasonable amount of time to relax or stroll around the village we visit.
In the morning or afternoon, We will pick you up at Surabaya or Malang. Then drive to Bromo for 3-4hours than stay overnight and have a free time near the Bromo area. Take enough rest to make sure we’re ready for an early morning activity enjoying the sunrise.
Hotel/Homestay (1 night)
No meals included, only mineral water during trip
Start at 3 am, drive in 4WD to go to Pananjakan, a view point to enjoy the sunrise and the Panorama of Mt. Bromo. After enough enjoying the sunrise, at 6 am back to the jeep and down to sea of sand. And walk to get close to the crater of Bromo, the smoking volcano. Than head back to the Cemara Lawang village for a Breakfast at 9 am. Bromo is done and get ready for next trip, 5 hours drive to Banyuwangi/Bondowoso for a one night spend. And than begin Ijen tour after midnight.
Included Activities :
Mt Bromo – Sunrise climb and Bromo crater view
Optional Activities : Visit Madakaripura waterfall, the highest waterfall in Java
Wake up at midnight. Well prepared for less than 2 hours drive to the base of Mt. Ijen and start hiking the mountain accompanied by a local guide(formerly a sulfur miner at Mt. Ijen). it spend around 2 hours to reach the crater rim and go down to get close sight to blue fire. Also to enjoy an exotic scenery of Ijen crater lake from the top of the crater. Ijen activity supposed to end around 8 am. Than go to your drop off point
Included Activities :
Ijen – Guided climb for Blue Fire and Ijen Crater lake panorama
Breakfast box on the go